Tuesday, December 8, 2015

SURESHOT PRECISION MARKING = A SURESHOT PRECISION RIP OFF




     This past fall I had decided to build an AR pistol and selected a parts kit from Sportsman's Guide for a 7 1/4 inch barrel.  Upon receiving it I immediately put the barrel assembly together which took me all of 45 minutes.  Then I started researching the rules both legal and nature for completing the lower receiver.  At this point I found out that legally if the receiver hasn't been worked on anyone can do the engraving.  I also found out that it is better to get the engraving done, then do the machining, and then do the anodizing process to the receiver.

     I started looking around trying to find a company that specialized in 80% lower receiver engraving, and came upon Sure Shot Precision Marking out of Northridge Ca.  Other companies that I looked at that did laser engraving looked like they used a crayon laser engraver vs the clear sharp images that Sure Shot was advertising.  So I went with sure shot and what a mistake it was.

     On Oct 3rd I filled out the online form, and through paypal paid these guys $77.45 for the engraving and immediately mailed off the lower.  06 Oct someone signed for the receiver, and after a few days I called just to ensure that everything was good as far as the receiver, and to verify the information.  I got their voicemail left a message.  I have not heard from this company, their web site closed down, their phone was disconnected, at which time I found another Number and still no call backs. 

     Now I am out the $77.45 along with the 85.98 which I paid for the lower.

     In November I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and the Business Consumer Alliance.  To no avail.  They can't find these guys either.

     Now I'm at the next step as advised from BBB I contacted the California Attorney General.  Hopefully they will be able to contact these clowns or at least tell me that they have been arrested or what happened to their business.

     If you have been ripped off by Sure Shot Precision Marking contact www.ag.ca.gov and file a complaint.  if you are thinking about doing an AR build don't use this guys

No comments:

Post a Comment