Friday, January 3, 2014

Belly Band Holsters





I own one of these types of holsters and I like it a lot.   I have worn it under a cummerbund while wearing a Tuxedo, under loose T-shirts or shirts, and while running. I purchased mine from the Sportsman’s Guide (sportmansguide.com) and from what I remember at a decent price.




I usually carry a large frame semi-automatic or a revolver on one side and an extra mag or cartridges on the other side. The band has two places sewn in to accommodate 2 pistols and 2 magazines if you are so inclined to carry so much fire power.




There are some draw backs to this type of holster. The shortcomings as I have seen them are listed below:


1.     There is no thumb-break or restraining strap. This would help retain the weapon inside the holster better.




2.     The holster is very flexible. When using a small frame pistol the holster tends to accordion around the pistol (Especially during periods of excessive activity) and have personally had the pistol fall out. Thus the reason for large frame pistols and revolvers.




3.      The magazine partitions are not sewn on the bottom. This is not a problem with a doublestack magazine but if you are carrying an M-1911 style 45 with single stack magazine the magazine will work its way down and fall out of the bottom.






Like I said at the start I like the holster and use it.   It is not perfect but it is functional.

No comments:

Post a Comment