Thursday, January 30, 2014

SCAM FYI: SHOTGUN NEWS SUBSCRIBERS

  Yesterday I got the mail and went through it and opened one envelope and had a bill for my Shotgun News subscription.  So right away I pulled out the check book and started writing the check and then stopped.  The first thing that came to mind was that I am pretty sure that I just renewed my subscription.  I then looked at the front of my most recent Shotgun News and sure enough my subscription runs out 20 Nov 16.  Also the amount on the bill was a bit high.  I do not remember paying $119.85 for one year.  I get a 3 year subscription and I had remembered it was a pretty good price.


Above is the bill that I received in the mail.  A one year subscription through Shotgun news is $34.95 for 36 issues.  I also called Shotgun news to verify that this was indeed a scam and they confirmed that it was.  I tried calling the number on the bill multiple times and never got an answer.  If you receive this bill notify your District Attorney or States Attorneys office.

No comments:

Post a Comment