Saturday, December 21, 2013

www.firingpin.net

As I already stated in my post about the Vulcan V-94 I found this site while trying to find a firing pin for said weapon.  I sent them the bolt and broken firing pin and they reversed engineered the pin and with in 2 weeks time I was testing out the prototype for the pin.


The website is an off shoot business of Custom Instruments located in Boynton Beach, Fla.  The company is owned by Chris Rook and Edwin Pyron.  The company was started in 2004 with a focus on the medical Industry in which they have done very well.


Some of their contributions to the medical market include spinal implants and surgical tools.  As one can see in the above picture they can make precision stuff to a really small scale.

About 2 1/2 years ago they decided to get into the firing pin business.  The equipment used by Custom Instruments for their work are Swiss Style CNC Lathes and can handle making a firing pin.  Some years ago I tried to make a firing pin for a CZ-52 on a "Regular" Metal Lathe and after I turned the metal down to a point it then bent.  After 4 tries and frustration I called it quits.  So I can attest that something special is needed.


Their current website dated Nov 5th lists 23 firing pins they currently have in stock.  The firing pins are offered in stainless and titanium.  Also along with firing pins they do make other gun parts.  According to Chris they make specialty bolts, and the entire  RPD trigger system and also supply firing pins to Wilson Combat, Franklin Armory and many others.  So you may already be using one of their products.

The future looks promising for firinngpin.net.  In the next two months a new website will be on the web under the name Iron Sight Precision.  (Actually I like that name better than firingpin.net)  As with my V-94 they will look at, reverse engineer, and produce anything weapon related.  Goals for Iron Sight Precision with in the next year is to offer at least 1 to 2 new firing pins per week.


Like I already stated I personally used this company.  I am quite satisfied with everything.  Customer service is outstanding.  From the first e-mail I sent to playing phone tag.  (I was the one not always available)  This company kept me in the loop and explained what they were doing.  Best of all the prices in my opinion are great and like Amazon shipping is free.


No comments:

Post a Comment